*Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation*

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
ccardimon
Propellus Maximus

*Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation*

Post by ccardimon »

I got the following error when I tried to print a topic:

"Problems in background thread: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation"

I have attached the error screen.

What the heck does that error mean?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Craig

Lost in Disturbia
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Re: *Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation*

Post by KevinDAmery »

Wild guess here, but take a look at the line that starts "Inner Exception." It looks like it's having trouble accessing the project path.

And, on looking at it, that path looks odd. It appears that for some reason you have a page layout in your output folder. This will cause problems because whenever you generate output, Flare attempts to clear the previous contents of the output folder so that the new output is "clean." (One of the "rules" for Flare projects is that you shouldn't have your project files and your output files in the same place: it makes a mess.)
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare
ccardimon
Propellus Maximus

Post by ccardimon »

KevinDAmery wrote:It appears that for some reason you have a page layout in your output folder. This will cause problems because whenever you generate output, Flare attempts to clear the previous contents of the output folder so that the new output is "clean." (One of the "rules" for Flare projects is that you shouldn't have your project files and your output files in the same place: it makes a mess.)
I understand what you say, but I don't know how it might have happened.

If I put a Page Layout in an output folder, it was by accident. How do I move it or remove it?
Craig

Lost in Disturbia
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

ccardimon wrote:If I put a Page Layout in an output folder, it was by accident. How do I move it or remove it?
You need to look at all the entries in your TOC and correct where they're pointing to. Check the target, too. At least one item is pointing to the page layout in the output folder instead of pointing to the page layout in the Resources\PageLayouts folder in the Content Explorer.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
ccardimon
Propellus Maximus

Post by ccardimon »

LTinker68 wrote:
ccardimon wrote:If I put a Page Layout in an output folder, it was by accident. How do I move it or remove it?
You need to look at all the entries in your TOC and correct where they're pointing to. Check the target, too. At least one item is pointing to the page layout in the output folder instead of pointing to the page layout in the Resources\PageLayouts folder in the Content Explorer.
Copy that. Many thanks.
Craig

Lost in Disturbia