Flare 9 to Flare 10 upgrade

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
deeptikorwar
Sr. Propeller Head

Flare 9 to Flare 10 upgrade

Post by deeptikorwar »

Hi,

I have recently upgraded from Flare 9 to Flare 10. The original project was created in Flare 9. When I tried locating styles like MadCap|Slideshow, I cannot find it in the stylesheet (maybe because the project was created in Flare 9).

Is there a simple way to get the Flare 10 enhancements without loosing the styles I have used earlier. Are there any other files that I need to take care of?

Thanks,
Deepti
Lydia
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Flare 9 to Flare 10 upgrade

Post by Lydia »

Hi Deepti,
I have upgraded a number of Flare projects from v9 (original version) to v10. The style sheet now contains new, e.g. the slideshow styles. I did not add them myself. The stylesheet is customized (not a template from MadCap) and has a custom name, so it couldn't be just a replacement that came with the installation.
few ideas:
- Did you build a target already? I am not sure whether it makes a difference, but maybe some changes only take place when Flare has to 'do some work'.
- Have you tried to insert a slideshow from the Insert ribbon? Is that option enabled?
- when looking at the stylesheet, do you filter on 'Show All Styles"? Just want to make sure this isn't a view problem.
Let us know whether you find out more.
Using Flare 10.2 and Flare 11 on Win 7
deeptikorwar
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by deeptikorwar »

You are right. QUite strange, the style MadCap.slideshow appears only when I switch to the Advanced View.

Thanks,
Deepti
Lydia
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Lydia »

That is indeed strange. I can see the slideshow styles, also when in simplified view:
stylesheetsimplifiedview.png
As you can see, I choose "Show All Styles" and the Default medium.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Using Flare 10.2 and Flare 11 on Win 7
deeptikorwar
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by deeptikorwar »

I am a dumb ***. I can see them now. Set to All Styles and Medium and sorted by name :lol: