Trouble creating text boxes

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
Reis
Jr. Propeller Head

Trouble creating text boxes

Post by Reis »

I'm new to Flare and trying to get my CSS, layouts, etc. set up to our specifications here. We use 5.25" of text and images on the left side of the page with 1.75" of space on the right where text boxes and other tips go. If there are no text boxes, this space is blank.

I'm running into a few problems when setting up my div tags:

I have set the div tag to be 1.75" wide but whenever I use it, this is overridden by the create text box command. It uses the default settings if I manually set them to default, but man, isn't the point of default settings that they are used if you don't take action otherwise? What am I missing here?

The next problem I'm having is that the text box hugs the body frame. We want there to be 0.25" of space between the text box area and the body text.

Finally (though this is the least of the things I need help with), we want to apply 20% transparency to the background color for the text box but I can't figure out how to do that.

Also, if there are better ways to handle any of this, please let me know!

Thanks for the insight from folks more experienced with Flare than I.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Trouble creating text boxes

Post by NorthEast »

- Instead of using create text box, insert the div tag by using Format > Group (or press Tab).

- If you want spacing around the box, set a margin (outside) and padding (inside).

- To set transparency (opacity) in CSS, see: http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_image_transparency.asp
Reis
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Trouble creating text boxes

Post by Reis »

This works like a charm. Thanks you so much for your reply, Dave!