Review / Track changes problems

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
hoss
Propeller Head

Review / Track changes problems

Post by hoss »

So i have to say that this function is now driving me crazy, and i'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me how to definitively turn this feature off.

Let me explain. I've been a Flare user for about 3 years, and for most of that time i'd never turned the 'Track Changes' function on. Recently we experimented with using Contributor and so for one project i enabled this feature and played with it.

Now in all of my projects Track Changes seems to be active, and doesnt seem to relate to the state of the button. I have the impression this could be even saved on a per topic level not as a global thing.
Whats driving me crazy is that i will be working on topics, making edits and when i build the chnages have not been made. When i go back and check, and retick the 'show changes' box, my edits are there and require me to 'accept changes' on my own edits!!!
Other times i see the red changes bubbles immediately and have to constantly accept my own edits just after i do them!!

Yes its drving me crazy. So before i submit this as a ticket, can anyone tell me how to solve it?

Thanks
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Review / Track changes problems

Post by Nita Beck »

Sorry this is driving you crazy.

The Track Changes button on the Review ribbon toggles that feature on or off. (By contrast, the Show Changes just shows or hide the "Changes" sidebar in the XML Editor.) Does clicking the Track Changes button make any difference?
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
hoss
Propeller Head

Post by hoss »

Actually now that i experiment a bit more the track changes button does seem to work (although backward from my intuitive point of view)
But it seems to be set per topic, and is active for all topics in all my projects, even though i have never explicitly set it so.
If i open a topic, unset it and save the topic it seems to stay that way.
But this leaves me with a big problem, how to do this in thousands of topics. This is not behaviour that i would expect - i.e using the function in one project seems to have set all my projects topics to have this enabled by default.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

What happens if you explicitly turn it off and then restart Flare? What happens if you reload the layout?
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
hoss
Propeller Head

Post by hoss »

Neither of those things make a difference. It still remains on for that topics unless i turn it off in that topic and save.
I think that i will raise this as a support ticket.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

Does it make any difference if, with Flare closed, you delete the Analyzer folder? Just a total guess at this point.

In any case, be sure to post back once the problem is solved, for the benefit of other forum visitors.
Nita
Allreet
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Allreet »

I'm experiencing the same problem - Track Changes displays on topics and can't be disabled. I've tried various combinations of saving topics, disabling Track Changes, unchecking Show Changes, etc., and then closing Flare - all without success. I even checked in all current topics, and they still open in Review mode with the most recent changes highlighted as before. Clearly, there should be an on-off config setting in the Review Options folder, because I have no use whatsover for the Review feature. If I did turn it on (which I don't recall), it was either accidental or out of random curiosity. In any case, I should be able to turn it off.
Msquared
Propellus Maximus

Post by Msquared »

No help, I know, but just to let you know that someone else has reported the same issue, in this post http://forums.madcapsoftware.com/viewto ... 769#p94769
Marjorie

My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dogs already think I am.
sarrants
Propeller Head

Post by sarrants »

This just started with my files this afternoon. I'm seeing the tracked changes, yet the other writers haven't turned on Track Changes.

Flare 9.1.2, Win 7 64-bit, All writers on the same version of Flare, Subversion SC.
The things that we plan and measure are the things that get done.
rob rice
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by rob rice »

I don't know if it's the same in earlier versions of Flare, but I've just had the same problem with Flare v12 (not being able to turn Track Changes off). I found you can toggle the feature on/off by pressing CTRL + SHIFT + E.
Dinnit
Propeller Head

Post by Dinnit »

Having the same problem (along with another - viewtopic.php?f=13&t=28209) both of which I've raised with Support. Toggling the Track Changes options has no effect. If we get it sorted I'll post back to this thread.
Ann
Started on Flare 3, now on Flare 2017 r2 + Capture (occasionally) and Analyser (very occasionally)
Windows 10 Enterprise
Dinnit
Propeller Head

Post by Dinnit »

This issue for me now fixed - Madcap support made some editing changes to my local stylesheet for the other issue linked above and re-iterated that the Track Changes button should be greyed out if you DO want to use it. Seems completely the wrong way round to me that there you go...I'm still seeing the changes flagged up in a few topics but, as this feature is topic by topic I'm guessing that's a legacy issue from when I had it turned on and was trying to get rid of the thing.
Ann
Started on Flare 3, now on Flare 2017 r2 + Capture (occasionally) and Analyser (very occasionally)
Windows 10 Enterprise