Splitting Frmaes?

This Forum is for General Issues about Mimic
SaraPM
Propeller Head

Splitting Frmaes?

Post by SaraPM »

I guess I thought Mimic was more sophisticated than this, but I've recorded a movie in video mode and wanted to go in to remove some of the empty time (waiting for app I'm recording to load the next screen, etc.) but Mimic recorded the entire 2 minutes as 1 long frame that can't be split. When I set it to record Automatically, it simply took a screenshot of the initial view and then stretched that out for the whole 2 minutes, ignoring all the stuff I did within the recording window in the meantime.

So, is there a way to manipulate the timeline, ala Camtasia, and I'm just missing it?

Has anyone else had problems with the automatic video mode? I'm wondering if it's because our app runs with a Flash display. I'm not going to be able to use Mimic at all unless we can fix these problems.
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Re: Splitting Frmaes?

Post by SteveS »

The trick with Mimic (as well as other screen capturing video apps) is to keep pressing the print screen key every time something significant happens.

Quite often you get duplicate captures (for example a dialog box opening) but these can be deleted when you start editing the movie.

HTH
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.