Missing clicks, trajectories, etc.

This Forum is for General Issues about Mimic
dprey
Propeller Head

Missing clicks, trajectories, etc.

Post by dprey »

I recorded several short videos yesterday and all of them have missing clicks, trajectories, and inconsistent cursor speed (it was different then the actual speed I used during the recording). Also, there were several occasions where Mimic did not record the last actions in a sequence, even after multiple attempts. In these instances, I had to record the missing action as a separate video and manually add it to the preceding sequence.

I know that I can edit the videos to add in the missing properties but it will be very labor-intensive to get them to where they should be. (And the videos were supposed to be done yesterday!) I am so frustrated that I downloaded the Camtasia trial version and recorded a test video, and it was 1000x better with no editing!

My system exceeds the technical requirements - Windows 7, 8 GB RAM, 95 GB free disk space. I am recording videos of three different applications and the issues occurred in all of them - two web applications (using Chrome as the browser) and a client application (running on Citrix).

Any idea what might be causing the issues or should I expect that Mimic videos require extensive editing?