Unable to open a recent project

This forum is for all Flare issues related to getting started and installing the application.
umeshsk1
Jr. Propeller Head

Unable to open a recent project

Post by umeshsk1 »

I am unable to open a recent project either in Recent Projects of the Start Page or via File menu --> Manage Recent Projects -->project-->Open File. Till yesterday I was able to open the project. Any guesses?

Thanks,
Umesh
atomdocs
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Unable to open a recent project

Post by atomdocs »

Hi Umesh, welcome to the forums. My guess: if the project is stored on another drive or volume, make sure the drive or volume is connected. If it is not connected, you'll see the project listed in Recent Projects, but clicking it does nothing. Is the project on another drive or is it local?
Tom
Flare 2022, Capture 7
Msquared
Propellus Maximus

Post by Msquared »

If Tom's suggestion doesn't solve it (which would be my first suggestion too), then happens when you do try to open the project? DO you actually get an error, or just nothing?
Marjorie

My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dogs already think I am.
umeshsk1
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by umeshsk1 »

Tom & Msquared,

The project exists in my local drive. I can also see it listed in Recent Projects, but does nothing when I click it. Btw I do not get any error.

Thanks,
Umesh
atomdocs
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by atomdocs »

Hi Umesh

Projects that you have recently worked on will always appear in your Recent Projects list, whether or not they exist, have since been deleted, or are currently inaccessible. You can clean them up manually using Manage Recent Projects in the File menu - in the File panel above Options. The Manage Recent Projects dialog box also tells you if projects are missing (deleted or otherwise inaccessible).

To troubleshoot, please could you try the following and report the results:

In your Recent Projects list on the Start page, when you move the pointer over the project that you are trying to open, does the pointer change to a "pointing hand" hyperlink pointer? With a valid project, the entry in the Recent Projects list is also highlighted when you mouse over it, and the file path is shown in a tooltip. Does this happen with your project?

If you look at Recent Projects in the File menu, is your project displayed in normal text (and is highlighted when you mouse over it) or is it displayed as greyed-out?

Next, open the File menu, and click Manage Recent Projects.
Manage Recent Projects.png
In the Manage Recent Projects dialog box, is your project listed in normal text, or is it listed in red text, with (file is missing) after it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tom
Flare 2022, Capture 7
umeshsk1
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by umeshsk1 »

Tom,

Finally was able to open the project. Updated Flare to v10.2.0 and restarted the tool. Voila!
umeshsk1
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by umeshsk1 »

Tom,

Finally was able to open the project. Updated Flare to v10.2.0 and restarted the tool. Voila!

Thank you.
atomdocs
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by atomdocs »

Umesh - great :) What were you on before, 9, 10, or 10.1?
Tom
Flare 2022, Capture 7
umeshsk1
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by umeshsk1 »

v10.1
ASK
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by ASK »

Hi All,
I have the same issue...unable to open my Project...I am 10.2.2 any suggestions?
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »

Do you get any error messages? I assume the tips in the posts above didn't help? Did you reboot the system just as good measure?