Default Paragraph Font

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
WebHelpppp
Propeller Head

Default Paragraph Font

Post by WebHelpppp »

I am importing a FrameMaker project and I am using the wizard. I select to not use the FM styles and map to my Flare stylesheet. When I get to the Character mapping I have the following:

FramMaker Style is: Italics
Flare Style: I map to: i.iItalics

Question 1: In the output the code says: <span class="_Override" style="font-style: italic;">, why not just <i>, can I somehow get it to map to <i>?

FrameMaker Style is: Default Paragraph Font
Flare Style: Map to ?

Question 2: What is the style I have to create? Anything I create doesn't display as an option.

Also, as an experiment, I mapped Default Paragraph Font to the underline style to see what in FrameMaker was considered a Default Paragraph Font and I the only thing I noticed was that it seem to be random, there wasn't a style applied to that text in FM at all.
emsachs
Propeller Head

Re: Default Paragraph Font

Post by emsachs »

Couple of thoughts here:

"Default Paragraph Font" in Frame is rarely explicitly used. You might use it in a variable or xref format, for example, where you have the first part in italics, and now you want it to revert to "default paragraph font."

For the italics, if they were applied directly in Word, using Ctrl-I, there is no style associated with the Italics, and you can't map them. You can create an Italics font style and change the Override to the span style Italics with a search and replace in source files:

Search: <span class="_Override" style="font-style: italic;">
Replace: <span class="Italics">

This is not the same as <i>, of course. using a span class is considered in some circles to be "better" html. If you do this change, you might want to use the text menu and always set a span for Italics.

if you want to use Ctrl-I and you want your existing italics to be consistent, you would need to do a much scarier search and replace.

1. Download a third-party tool that supports "regular expressions" and search across multiple files. I use Notepad++
2. Find a sample topic with the text you want to replace.
3. Do the following search and replace and verify it works.
a. First, set search mode = regular expression
Search for: <span class="_Override" style="font-style: italic;">([^<]*)</span>
Replace with: <i>\1</i>

Once you feel this will work,you can back up the entire project and replace across all files.

1. Close Flare and back up your project
2. Open Notepad++ and go to Search > Find In Files

3. Set Filters to *.htm

4. Set Directory to the location of your topic files and select "In all sub-folders"

5. Set Search Mode to Regular Expression.

do the search and replace as above.