Non-breaking space after 1-letter words in Czech/Russian

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
JellieW
Jr. Propeller Head

Non-breaking space after 1-letter words in Czech/Russian

Post by JellieW »

Hi all,

One of our Flare-projects (we use V10) was recently translated into Czech and Russian. These and a few other languages have one-letter words, and as a rule, a line should not end with a one-letter word. Does anyone know if there is a way to automatically put a non-breaking space after one-letter words? It isn’t included in the project language settings and we couldn’t find an option for it in the stylesheet. If anyone has encountered the same problem and knows of a solution, please do let me know; it would be much appreciated.
kwag_myers
Propellus Maximus

Re: Non-breaking space after 1-letter words in Czech/Russian

Post by kwag_myers »

I was hoping the Auto-Suggest feature would help, but the minimum character setting is 3, which is one too many. Plus, I'm not sure if it would work with source code. I'm afraid the only thing I can offer is to use the Find & Replace feature in the source code for each possible character. If this is an ongoing need, I have a script that might work for you.

edit: I keep forgetting that Flare's Find & Replace does not like spaces. You need to use a third party Search & Replace tool for this.
"I'm tryin' to think, but nothin' happens!" - Curly Joe Howard
JellieW
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Non-breaking space after 1-letter words in Czech/Russian

Post by JellieW »

Sorry, didn't see your reply till now. Find & Replace indeed doesn't like spaces much, so I think you are right: we'll need to look into another solution. Thanks though!