Help with template sizing

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
kgregc
Jr. Propeller Head

Help with template sizing

Post by kgregc »

I hope this is the right forum topic area.

I am building a new website using the Flare "Basic Webpage" template. The Navigation bar on the left opens too wide and I want to make it narrower. I opened Website skin, and in the Navigation Pane, pane size I entered a lower number. However after "Build Primary", the size is the same.

Could the "Search" field at the top of the Navigation Pane be remaining the same size and preventing the Navigation Pane from becoming narrower?

If so, can anyone help to get both narrower?

Thanks,

Greg
kwag_myers
Propellus Maximus

Re: Help with template sizing

Post by kwag_myers »

Actually, this topic should probably be in Web-based Outputs. The admin will move it if necessary.

I take it you're output type is WebHelp? If so, the Search field adjusts to the size of the pane. You can drag the right side of the pane in your output to see this.

The only setting I'm aware of for the side nav is in Skin Editor > WebHelp Setup. You may need to refresh your browser a couple of times. Also, you may want to check the size of the background images for the Accordion Items (Skin Editor > Styles), too.
"I'm tryin' to think, but nothin' happens!" - Curly Joe Howard
kgregc
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by kgregc »

Thanks for your reply. I debated whether to post here or Web Output, but ended up here.

Since I am building a website, not a Help file, I thought the output type should be HTML 5. Is that incorrect for a Website?

I could drag the pane and change the size. Thanks for that information. But I cannot drag it with an HTML5 output.

Which output should I be using? If HTML5, how would I reduce the width of the Navigation and/or search field?

Greg
kwag_myers
Propellus Maximus

Post by kwag_myers »

I think maybe there's a bug. I had the same issue until I set the Pane Size to 500px and generated the output. After that, I was able to get it down to 100px with no problem. Try 500px and generate the output, then set it to the size you want. If it works, I suggest you enter it as a bug: https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback/bugs.aspx
"I'm tryin' to think, but nothin' happens!" - Curly Joe Howard