Pending check in status not showing the name of the user

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
Spectre
Sr. Propeller Head

Pending check in status not showing the name of the user

Post by Spectre »

Hi,

When I look in Pending check ins, the name of the user is not showing against the file to be checked in. This issue also shows itself in the Content Explorer, where there is no visible difference between a topic that I have checked out and one that someone else has checked out.

If I look at the history of a topic, the username is clearly shown against any modifications to the file. Does anyone know why the user is not showing in Pending check ins?

I'm using Flare 9.1.2 and SVN 1.8.9.

Thanks.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Pending check in status not showing the name of the user

Post by Nita Beck »

By SVN 1.8.9, do you mean TortoiseSVN 1.8.9?

As an SVN client, Flare 9 complies with the SVN database structure 1.7.x. As an SVN client, TortoiseSVN complies with the SVN database structure 1.8.x. In short, the two clients are not compatible, and they need to be. You need either to upgrade to Flare 10 or to uninstall TortoiseSVN 1.8.x and instead install TortoiseSVN 1.7.x.

I can't say if this incompatibility is causing the behavior you see, but I definitely know that one will see -- or more precisely will not see the expected source control icons in one client or the other when the clients are not compatible.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
Spectre
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Spectre »

Okay, thanks Nita. You've pointed out the incompatibility issue in a previous post of mine, so I should have included that point in my query. It just seemed odd to me that Flare is able to pick up the user in one scenario (history), but not in another (pending check in). But I agree, resolving the incompatibility issue is a good first step. Thanks again.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

I'll be curious to see if the incompatibility issue had any bearing on the problem.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
Spectre
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Spectre »

I'll upgrade to Flare 10 next week, and update this thread on the results.

Cheers.
Spectre
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Spectre »

I've upgraded to Flare 10, and I don't see a difference. I queried with MadCap and will investigate their response, which is as follows:

"This functionality is completely controlled by the SVN server setup. It depends on the type of user accounts and authentication that are setup on the server. Flare simply passes this information through the Flare UI from the SVN server.

Also, if you have the file checked out on your machine, it will not show that the file is checked-out by you. However, if the file is checked-out by someone else, you should see that if the SVN server is setup correctly. "

Cheers.