question on various outputs

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the WebHelp Mobile target and skins
mdawn502003
Propeller Head

question on various outputs

Post by mdawn502003 »

I have a Flare project that tags text for either mobile or desktop output. Now the business owner of the project tells me they want one file and the output to detect what type of device is using the file and change its format to match the device. Therefore we supply one help file and if a user accesses the help from an iPhone or Android the help file knows to display as mobile. If the end user accesses from a desktop, to display as desktop format.

Is this possible? If so, how is it done?

Thanks,
Lydia
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: question on various outputs

Post by Lydia »

Have you checked out responsive HTML5 output? That's new in Flare 10, so you can find more info in the "What's new" section of the Help.
Using Flare 10.2 and Flare 11 on Win 7
sanjsrik
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by sanjsrik »

Is there a listing of what is supported in what type of output in Flare? Meaning a table that shows what functionality is available for a particular type of output?

I'm trying to see what the difference is between publishing to a mobile output and the (apparently new) Web HTML5 output which is also responsive.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

sanjsrik wrote:Is there a listing of what is supported in what type of output in Flare? Meaning a table that shows what functionality is available for a particular type of output?
This topic in Flare's Help system has comparison tables: http://webhelp.madcapsoftware.com/flare ... _Table.htm.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!