Span style not displaying

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the WebHelp Mobile target and skins
TorontoFlare
Propeller Head

Span style not displaying

Post by TorontoFlare »

I have a class of span in my stylesheet that is supposed to tell the text to be a certain font size and weight. For some reason, though it shows up in HTML5 output, it doesn't in the WebHelp Mobile target. Any ideas on what is going wrong here?
mlaird
Propeller Head

Re: Span style not displaying

Post by mlaird »

There's a chance that the span is only defined in either the Default or the Non-Print medium, and your outputs are using different mediums. Can you check to see if the span you defined shows up in the stylesheet in both of those mediums?
TorontoFlare
Propeller Head

Post by TorontoFlare »

Yes it appears on the stylesheet in both mediums.
TorontoFlare
Propeller Head

Post by TorontoFlare »

Actually strangely enough, it shows when I use show:Property Groups. However if I show:Set Properties it doesn't show. How does that make sense?
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

It sounds like you've set the style properties for a particular medium; and your HTML5 target is set to use that medium, but your WebHelp Mobile target isn't using that medium. Check that the correct medium is being used on the target Advanced tab - i.e. it's the same in both targets.
TorontoFlare wrote:Actually strangely enough, it shows when I use show:Property Groups. However if I show:Set Properties it doesn't show. How does that make sense?
The Set properties will only display the styles for the medium you've selected in the stylesheet editor; so if they're not appearing, you need to select the correct medium.

It's quite common to accidentally add styles for a medium when you didn't intend to; I don't know if that's what's happened here.