Popup window size - browser dependent?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
MC Hammer
Sr. Propeller Head

Popup window size - browser dependent?

Post by MC Hammer »

Hello all
We have recently upgraded to Flare 10.1 and to a WebHelp 2.0 output.
We still produce HTML Help for some of our products but WebHelp2.0 (Or HTML5, but is it really HTML5 compliant?) seems to be the way forward.

This output is still a bit new to me and I have a couple of popup windows that I am struggling to resize. I would like these popup windows to be sized according to their content. They seem to look ok in Firefox (although there is a bit too much padding around) but not in Chrome or IE. The width is ok but the windows are too high. The text is towards the top and there is a big empty area at the bottom of the popup windows.

Anyone come across this before? Any ideas as how to fix this in the stylesheet? I have been playing with the a.Popup style which is the style I use for popups windows but have been unsuccessful so far. mc-popup-height and mc-popup-width are both set to auto, which I believe is correct.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.
Marie-Claire
Flare 2019 r2 - Windows 10 Pro - HTML5 help / "clean" XHTML output
sarrants
Propeller Head

Re: Popup window size - browser dependent?

Post by sarrants »

We are experiencing the same problem with our popup windows. If you've come up with a solution, I'd love to know!
The things that we plan and measure are the things that get done.