Updating content

lhaworth
Jr. Propeller Head

Updating content

Post by lhaworth »

Hi all. I am fairly new to Doc to Help. Just learning by watching the videos on the Doc to Help TV channel on YouTube

My question is this.

I have several manuals in my project. Items or processes may change in anyone of those manuals.
Is there a way that if I make a change in one of those manuals I can go back to see what changed from build to build

I have not actually published my project yet.

Example
One of my manuals includes approval levels as of January

I change those levels in June
Auditors want to confirm what the levels were in January

With word I would just save the word document in a previous folder option

Can I have something like this with Doc to Help or do I need Flare
SKamprowski
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Updating content

Post by SKamprowski »

Hi,

actually I am not sure whether I understand what your requests are.
If you want to mark some parts of your Word sources as "new in January release" you are free in doing so.
You may also edit a table containing document's version history at the beginning of each document. This table does not need to be published, yet it may: in all targets or in some only.
You also can move documents into sub folders, thereby removing them from your documents list in DocToHelp, or copy them into a subfolder and continue editing them for later releases.

Kind regards,
Sabine Kamprowski
Kind regards,
Sabine Kamprowski
DocToHelp MVP (by ComponentOne)
lhaworth
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Updating content

Post by lhaworth »

Ok, the table with what changes were made may be a good thing

I had just wanted a way for our auditors to see what changes were made to the manuals
and was not sure if I could easily view or now version history in the doc to help area
or if I should bring up the word doc (source doc) - save as - to another folder and then make changes to the source doc