What is this strange icon????

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
ksharkey9414
Propeller Head

What is this strange icon????

Post by ksharkey9414 »

I was editing a file, when all of a sudden my cursor turned into this icon thingy--see the attached image. It won't let me edit anything now, and when I try to select something, I get the same image, only it's blue (with a white "i") and blinking. This has stopped me cold, and it's not a good time to be dead in the water! I'm still using Flare 11, because I'm trying to finish my next doc release before I switch to 12. (The last time I switched versions, things got a little dicey in my files and I had to redo my HTML5 skin entirely. No time to do that right now if it happens again.)

Never mind--I'm such a dodo! It somehow got into index entry mode, which I have used only rarely. I would delete this post if I knew how, so you all wouldn't be bothered. Sigh...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: What is this strange icon????

Post by Nita Beck »

I have the power to delete this post for you, but I think it's worthwhile leaving it. There might someday be someone else trying to figure out what that icon thingy is, having gotten into the same pickle as you did. You will give comfort to that person! Please don't feel you're a dodo.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!