Unable to name a newly created folder

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
salem16
Propeller Head

Unable to name a newly created folder

Post by salem16 »

Or change the name of a folder, for that matter. We recently moved to Flare 11 from Flare 9 and have never experienced so many bugs in the product, the latest being that, when we click the New Folder icon, type the name of the folder and press <Enter>, the folder name remains "NewFolder."

Has anyone experienced this problem, and if so, were you able to solve it?
peckerdunne
Propeller Head

Re: Unable to name a newly created folder

Post by peckerdunne »

Here's what I did.
Backup your project in case it all goes horribly wrong.
Close Flare.
Rename the new folder in Windows.
Delete the project folder in the Analyzer folder.
Open the project in Flare

If still having issues...
I had some strange problems with Flare and permissions; not allowing me to generate PDF output.
As a last resort, I zipped up the project in Flare.
Closed Flare.
Renamed the project folder to something else.
Ran the flrZip file and created a new project (with the original folder name).
A bit drastic but it solved my problem.
salem16
Propeller Head

Re: Unable to name a newly created folder

Post by salem16 »

Really appreciate the reply and certainly will try if/when I get tired of the solution I hit upon: Open Visual Studio, navigate to folder in project and rename it there. It works. Kind of a nuisance, though. Flare is becoming tougher and tougher to work with because of this stuff. We tried v12, but it crashed every time we tried a search. Flare confirmed the bug back in April, I think, and I haven't heard anything since. Also with v11, when I open the project first thing in the morning and try to get latest, the "querying source control" message never goes away, so I have to manually crash Flare and reopen. Then it works. More and more, we're having to take these extra little steps to get things done.