TOC not syncing in merged chm

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the Microsoft HTML Help target.
This target produces "CHM" files in the output.
SHenderson
Jr. Propeller Head

TOC not syncing in merged chm

Post by SHenderson »

I have merged chms and use the following in my alias file to get the slave chms to open via the master chm.

Code: Select all

<Map Name="IDH_a_test_topic" Link="ms-its:master.chm::/slave.chm::/using_the_blahblah.htm" />
This works beautifully. When a context topic is called, the master displays the TOCs and indexes for all slave chms.

The problem is the TOC won’t sync for the topic that was called. If I follow a link to another topic, the TOC syncs. If I then go back to the original topic, the TOC will not sync.

Does anyone know how to make the TOC sync?

Thanks,
Samantha
Pete Lees
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: TOC not syncing in merged chm

Post by Pete Lees »

Hi, Samantha,

This is a known issue. See these articles for more information and possible solutions:

http://helpware.net/htmlhelp/how_to_mer ... extHelpIDs
http://helpware.net/htmlhelp/how_to_merge_ctx2.htm

Pete
SHenderson
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by SHenderson »

Thanks for replying, Pete. I'm familiar with those links and have read them many times but still haven't been able to get the TOC to sync. :?

I've recently moved to Flare V5 and am trying to replicate the merged help system that we had going in RHX5. I'm nearly there except for the non-syncing TOC. It might be something that we have to do without.

Thanks again,
Samantha
CMTucker
Propeller Head

Post by CMTucker »

How did you solve this one, Samatha? I'm having a similar problem, but mine is within the TOC itself (click a topic link and the toc sync give unexpected results) I've actually turned off the sync toc, but it is STILL attempting to sync...
SHenderson
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by SHenderson »

I haven't been able to get the TOC to sync from the context-sensitive topics.

Have you turned off the "Always show the selection" option (it's an option in the skin, under HTML Help Setup > TOC Options)? The TOC syncing on other topics was improved when I turned that option on. Perhaps turning it off will help resolve your issue.