Double entries in Mini-TOCs in Flare V5

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
Joost
Propeller Head

Double entries in Mini-TOCs in Flare V5

Post by Joost »

Hi folks,

I have a lot of double entries in my mini-TOCs. Not all of them though. I have been looking but I can't see any difference between the correct ones and the double ones. Anyone any idea what is causing this? I recently upgraded to V5, but I also had the problem in V4.2. I had hoped this problem was solved. Quod non. Bugger. :)

Joost
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Double entries in Mini-TOCs in Flare V5

Post by LTinker68 »

Did you link the topic containing the mini-TOC to a book and did you also include that topic beneath the book? I wouldn't expect the topic beneath the book to display the mini-TOC properly, but maybe it's resulting in duplication when you look at it from the linked book. Just associate the topic with the book and don't include it as a separate entry beneath the book.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
Joost
Propeller Head

Post by Joost »

LTinker68 wrote:Did you link the topic containing the mini-TOC to a book and did you also include that topic beneath the book? I wouldn't expect the topic beneath the book to display the mini-TOC properly, but maybe it's resulting in duplication when you look at it from the linked book. Just associate the topic with the book and don't include it as a separate entry beneath the book.
I associated the topic containing the mini toc directly to the book and I do get double entries.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

Do you usually populate the title field for a topic, or do you have it set to use the first heading in the topic? And did you import any of the topics? I'm wondering if you have the title field populated if it will cause a problem. You said you compared the working mini-TOCs to the non-working ones... Did you also compare the topics being listed in the mini-TOCs to see if there was anything different between them? (Open the topics in the Internal Text Editor and compare the page code near the top of the topics.)

Just throwing out ideas here...

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.