Toc in pdf shows as large white space (V5)

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
Joost
Propeller Head

Toc in pdf shows as large white space (V5)

Post by Joost »

Hi,

My TOC proxy is not appearing in the printed manual but there is a white space with the length of the actual TOC. I don't have the problem in the online version, nor do I have the problem in other projects. Anyone any idea what might cause this problem? I can't see anything wrong with the TOC styles nor with the TOC proxy. Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Joost
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Toc in pdf shows as large white space (V5)

Post by LTinker68 »

Double-check the display property for the base div tag and for the p.TOC1, p.TOC2, etc., tags. And make sure you didn't apply a conditional tag to the tocProxy in the topic.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
Joost
Propeller Head

Post by Joost »

LTinker68 wrote:Double-check the display property for the base div tag and for the p.TOC1, p.TOC2, etc., tags. And make sure you didn't apply a conditional tag to the tocProxy in the topic.
What do you mean with "display property of the base div tag"?

Thanks,
Joost
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

In the Stylesheet Editor, look at the display attribute for those tags. For DIVs and paragraphs it's normally set to "block". Make sure the attribute isn't set to "none" or "hidden", whatever the option is. And by base DIV I meant the main DIV tag, not one of its classes. Classes will inherit any attributes from the main tag unless you specifically set a different value for the attributes in the class. So if the main DIV tag's display attribute is set to "none", then all the DIV classes will also have display set to "none", unless you specifically set it to "block" or "table-cell" or something else.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.