toggler: edit the style of an opened toggler

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
rpa
Propeller Head

toggler: edit the style of an opened toggler

Post by rpa »

Hy everyone,

In the HTML5-Help I'm responsible for, I'm using togglers. I'm struggeling now with adapting the look of the opened content of the toggler. In fact, I would like to have a frame around to opened content, but only around the content of the toggler and not the "head" of the toggler. What I found out so far is that Madcap is generating automaticly the element

Code: Select all

element.style
. I think that the setting for the frame I'm looking for should be fixed in this element, but I can't find the file where this element is stored.

To summ up: Does anybody know which file I need to open to edit

Code: Select all

element.style
for togglers?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Patrick
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: toggler: edit the style of an opened toggler

Post by LTinker68 »

I put my content to be toggled in DIVs, mainly so that I only have to "name" one element and call to that element in the toggler. My DIV can contain multiple items, though (couple of paragraphs, a list, a screenshot/caption, etc.), but since they're all inside that DIV, I don't have to name each individual element and add that name to the toggler call, so I can add/remove elements from that DIV without having to remember to add/remove the name from the effect. By the same token, you can style a border for that DIV. I'd create a class (div.toggleFrame) and apply that class to all the DIVs used to contain content revealed by a toggler.

So try that method instead if what you were trying to do. (And BTW, there are no "frames" used in togglers.)

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
rpa
Propeller Head

Post by rpa »

Hy Lisa

Thank you very much for your help. It is working pefectly now.
smoore2
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by smoore2 »

Hi,

The div.ToggleFrame works great for adding the border around toggle content in IE, but I'm finding that the border doesn't appear on FireFox or Chrome. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Shannon
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

Are you trying to do a fractional-sized border? I think it has to be at least 1px or 1pt in size to appear in all browsers. Are you trying to do something like .75pt?

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.