Wow, I actually found a mistake in Flare's help!

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
DanAustin
Propeller Head

Wow, I actually found a mistake in Flare's help!

Post by DanAustin »

I don't think I've EVER found one, until now ...
Dynamic Help The developer can also incorporate your Help into the application using a unique feature called "Dynamic Help." This is a type of CSH where a Help window automatically displays topics from a Help system as an individual uses the application. It does not require any other action from the user (e.g., clicking a button or pressing a shortcut key). The Help system simply follows the actions of the user, automatically providing the appropriate Help content based on the area of the interface that is being clicked.

example

To see an example of Dynamic Help in in Flare's online Help, select Help>Dynamic Help. Then start clicking anywhere in the Flare interface. As you do so, the Help topic changes accordingly.
forfear
Propellus Maximus

Re: Wow, I actually found a mistake in Flare's help!

Post by forfear »

Wouldn't that be a lovely criteria to check for in Spell Check or a MadCap Analyzer language analyzer workflow

Duplicate words

the the
in in
here here
where where
If you submit your bug feedback request here, the more likely it'll get fixed or included in a future release
Open Utilities PageLayout Resizer for Flare/Blaze | Batch builder
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Wow, I actually found a mistake in Flare's help!

Post by LTinker68 »

That's more grammatical than spell checking, but yeah, that would be nice, so long as it's not automatic. MS Word's grammar check isn't too bad, but I still disagree with it about a third of the time, mainly because some words we use have double meanings or words it doesn't know how to deal with. But finding double-used words would be a nice option to have.

Make sure to submit a feature request at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.