Table footers

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
navoff
Sr. Propeller Head

Table footers

Post by navoff »

Has anyone been able to successfully create a table footer that shows up on every page (much like a table header appears on every page)? In the WYSIWYG editor, it sometimes appears on pages and sometimes not. But, when I build a PDF output, the footer only appears on the last page of the table. Which seems moot. You could, just as easily, add a regular row.
JRP
"How many slime-trailing, sleepless, slimy, slobbering things do you know that will run and hide from your Eveready?"
--Maureen Birnbaum, Barbarian Swordsperson
lacastle
Propellus Maximus

Re: Table footers

Post by lacastle »

Does it have to be attached to the table? You can add a footer in the Page Layout that can display just on those pages.
navoff
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by navoff »

lacastle wrote:Does it have to be attached to the table? You can add a footer in the Page Layout that can display just on those pages.
I tried that but there's too much information and the page footer already has several things. I'd have to create a new page layout and redo the size of the body and footer as well as the boarders for the footer (It looked dumb to have the information below the boarder for the footer). Besides, why have a table footer option unless the intent is to actually have a table footer that repeats on each page of the table? Seems to me like a formatting bug (which I have reported via the MadCap Bug/Enhancement Submission Form).
JRP
"How many slime-trailing, sleepless, slimy, slobbering things do you know that will run and hide from your Eveready?"
navoff
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by navoff »

navoff wrote:
lacastle wrote:Does it have to be attached to the table? You can add a footer in the Page Layout that can display just on those pages.
I tried that but there's too much information and the page footer already has several things. I'd have to create a new page layout and redo the size of the body and footer as well as the boarders for the footer (It looked dumb to have the information below the boarder for the footer). Besides, why have a table footer option unless the intent is to actually have a table footer that repeats on each page of the table? Seems to me like a formatting bug (which I have reported via the MadCap Bug/Enhancement Submission Form).
This is now officially recognized as a bug. It has been assigned bug number: 21647.
JRP