Strange lodger in my Pending Check-ins list

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
mattf
Sr. Propeller Head

Strange lodger in my Pending Check-ins list

Post by mattf »

I used to select Check In All and when I was done checking in files my Pending Check-Ins list would be empty. Now there's always this one file associated with Analyzer, which I've never used, that doesn't go away. As far as I know it doesn't get checked in either. I don't know what it is or why it's there...it's embarrassing, like a bit of toilet paper sticking to the heel of my shoe, but scarier. Anyone else seen this or know what it is?
It calls itself "Content9.s3db".
pendingcheckin.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Matt F
You learn something new every day if you're not careful.
Paulie
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Strange lodger in my Pending Check-ins list

Post by Paulie »

The Content9.s3db file is a SQLite database file that is used by Flare. I think that the main purpose of this file is to speed up the turnaround time when you generate a report in Flare.

In theory, you could close your Flare project, delete the Analyzer folder (or better still back it up by moving it elsewhere - just in case), then reopen Flare and see if the problem is resolved. Flare will eventually regenerate this file automatically.
"In an ideal world, software should be simple, well designed, and completely intuitive to end users. In the real world, good documentation is king."
mattf
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by mattf »

I closed Flare, removed that Analyzer folder, then reopened Flare and the file is still there. And the folder is back, replaced immediately. I know how this game goes. I'm going to leave it alone. From your description it doesn't sound like it's harming anything. Thanks Paulie.
-MattF
Matt F
servobot
Propeller Head

Post by servobot »

Hey Matt,

All you need in source control is the Flare project file, Contents folder, and Project folder. Anything else will cause these issues.

I would unversion the Analyzer folder (and the Output folder if you have it in source control too).

I find that you'll eventually get similar problem files in the Project\Users folder. So I unversion that as well.
Last edited by servobot on Fri May 13, 2016 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
mattf
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by mattf »

Hi Andy,
I just saw this reply from you. Thanks for responding. When you say I should "unversion" a thing, you mean remove it from source control?
Matt F
servobot
Propeller Head

Post by servobot »

Hey Matt,

If you have TortoiseSVN installed (and you should for cleaning up all of the little things that Flare's SVN client doesn't do well) right click the folder and select TortoiseSVN > Unversion and add to ignore list; then choose the recursive option in the resulting list. Check in the change and those files should trouble you no longer.
mattf wrote:Hi Andy,
I just saw this reply from you. Thanks for responding. When you say I should "unversion" a thing, you mean remove it from source control?
mattf
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by mattf »

Hi Andy,
Although I prefer SVN by a mile, my stuff's actually in Team Foundation Server (TFS). Still, this is helpful. I'm sure TFS has a similar ignore function. I'll poke around. Thanks for the response!
-Matt
Matt F