Nested Snippets - pdf-Output - Limit?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
sereshk
Jr. Propeller Head

Nested Snippets - pdf-Output - Limit?

Post by sereshk »

Hello there,
I am using nested Snippets to the third level, i.e. Snippet1 contains Snippet2 contains Snippet3.

In pdf-output the contents of Snippet3 is not fully displayed: At the end of the page, the text (inside a table in that Snippet) is displayed to the very bottom of the page, hiding the footer completely and the remaining text just vanishes. It will not be taken over into the next page.

All other pages are fine. (Webhelp output also is fine.)
And Snippet1 and Snippet2 contents always show up fine, Snippet3 does partially, as stated.

Is this a known limit?
And is there a workaround? Or should I configure things differently?
Could it be the tables, because at the moment they are nested too. (And I rather need them...)

Thanks! Any help will be much appreciated.
devjoe
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Nested Snippets - pdf-Output - Limit?

Post by devjoe »

Is the combined nested snippet so long that it doesn't fit on a page? It sounds like Flare isn't letting the content wrap to the next page. Exactly why that's happening, I'm not sure; I've never tried to use snippets that long. It could be the snippets themselves or it could be the tables. Check for the definitions of page-break-before, page-break-after, and page-break-inside properties on relevant styles.