Printed Content Missing

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
Sean
Propeller Head

Printed Content Missing

Post by Sean »

Hi,

I created a project with one style sheet, imported a FrameMaker book, and can publish HTML 5, my primary, okay.

But, when I publish PDF, I get only four default Flare pages and no other content (TitlePage, TOC, Welcome, and Glossary). The TOC only lists Welcome and Glossary.

I figured out where TitlePage is; it is the only HTML file in the Print Only Topics location.

Where are the other pages, TOC, Welcome, and Glossary?
How can I add the HTML files my primary target (HTML 5 with top nav) is using?

Thanks for any help you can give or experience you can share.

Sean
Sean
Propeller Head

Re: Printed Content Missing

Post by Sean »

As an aside, the content is missing from the "UserGuide" target that my project established.

I was able to add a new PDF target with a custom name, and it correctly grabs all the topics.

So, my original question remains. Any thoughts on why my content was missing?

Cheers,

Sean
devjoe
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Printed Content Missing

Post by devjoe »

A print-type target like PDF draws its selection of topics from a TOC. This TOC can be specified in the target.

There is also an issue, if you are using the option which uses your TOC indentation to control heading levels, that TOC entries referencing a bookmark are always ignored during this process. I know Word imports, as of Flare 12, include the TOC bookmarks from the Word document as bookmarks in Flare and link the TOC entries to them, and it is possible something similar happened with your Frame import.

Probably one of these reasons is responsible for the difference between your two PDF targets.

As for the TOC and Glossary pages, there are options on the Advanced tab of the PDF target to generate proxies for the TOC, index, and glossary. You might not get the index one if you have no index entries, or maybe it was turned off. These options generate at run time topics for these purposes. If you want to control the layout of these topics, you can turn off the options and create print-only topics to which you add proxy elements (along with whatever heading and other material that may be needed) or you can simply turn them off if you don't want these elements.

I don't know what Welcome is. I would expect that to be a regular topic, somewhere.