can't get minitoc styles to work

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
SandraF
Propeller Head

can't get minitoc styles to work

Post by SandraF »

Hello,
My minitoc (I'm only using one level) is coming out bold when I want it to be not bold. I was thinking of using 2 levels but I don't dare try to make it any more complex since I can't even get one level to work.

My TOC level 1 is bold, but I do not want the minitoc to be bold, and it seems in theory I should be able to do this.

I tried to follow directions in the help.

I changed the p.minitoc styles to look like this (I did both 1 and 2, since I wasn't sure which one applied):

p.MiniTOC2
{
font-family: 'Univers LT Cyr 45 Light';
font-size: 10pt;
font-weight: normal;
}

p.MiniTOC1
{
}
No luck.
I created a class as directed in the help and edited the proxy to use it:
MadCap|miniTocProxy.toc2
{
}

No luck.

Getting desperate, I went into the automatically generated MadCapBlaze.css stylesheet from the output and copied everything that a) looked like it could have to do with the minitoc and b) had a font reference in it into my stylesheet, pasting it at the bottom, and changed all the "bold" references ( there were several and I was hoping this might be the explanation) to "normal."

No luck.

Finally I changed all the "font-weight: normal;" references related to the minitoc to "font-weight: 300;" just in case there was some sort of relativism going on and "normal" was being defined as bold.

No luck. It's still boldface. I hope someone can help. Thank you in advance!

-Sandy
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: can't get minitoc styles to work

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

I can't help you directly, but you might be able to identify what's going on (and what you need to update) by building a HTML5 output and then examining the code, using "Inspect element" or "view source".
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: can't get minitoc styles to work

Post by NorthEast »

As it's a custom font, I'd guess it could be the font-weight that's the problem.

The font might look like that when using font-weight: normal / 400, and you may have to use a different font-weight to see the "light" font, such as font-weight: 100 or font-weight: lighter.

If it's a web font using @font-face, then check what font-weight is set in the @font-face definition, as that's the weight you should use when you reference the font elsewhere in your CSS.