PDF Links Broken

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
0Qq5Ew538tV
Propeller Head

PDF Links Broken

Post by 0Qq5Ew538tV »

Most of the links within my generated PDFs are broken. I narrowed down the issue to links that were inserted as hyperlinks and that link to another file in the project.

Cross-reference links work fine in the PDF output, it's only the hyperlinks that are broken. It seems that Flare is generating the links as hard-coded links in the PDF output even though the links are relative within the project. Additionally, the TOC links to the affected pages work fine, it's only the hyperlinks that are broken. It doesn't seem like Flare is correctly generating the hyperlinks when the PDF is build.

Here's what the hard-coded hyperlink output looks like:

Is this a Flare bug or is there some setting I can change to resolve this issue? We have hundreds of customers reporting broken links in our PDFs. We're using MadCap Flare 2021 (17.0.7807.15177).
0Qq5Ew538tV
Propeller Head

Re: PDF Links Broken

Post by 0Qq5Ew538tV »

For anyone reading this, it's a bug in Flare 2021. Support sent me a replacement .dll file and now the issue is resolved.