Error with Encapsulated Postscript Graphic Files

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
Dan Lybarger
Jr. Propeller Head

Error with Encapsulated Postscript Graphic Files

Post by Dan Lybarger »

Flare 2021 is not generating encapsulated postscript (.eps) files into the PDF. I've downloaded the free version of Ghostscript, but I'm not seeing the images in the .pdf where they're needed.

Please tell me what I must do.
Dan Lybarger
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Error with Encapsulated Postscript Graphic Files

Post by Dan Lybarger »

One way to remedy this problem is to install Ghostscript 9.53.3 instead of the current version. This helps insure the .eps illustrations appear in the .pdf. It worked for me.
doloremipsum
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by doloremipsum »

@Dan Lynbarger Thanks for the tip on this! I was tearing my hair out trying to get EPS working for my colleague. I should have known it was a dependency version issue, I have to document enough of them for our own products.
in hoc foro dolorem ipsum amamus, consectimur, adipisci volumus.
MEPeraro
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by MEPeraro »

I have Ghostscript 9.53.3 installed and I cannot get the .EPS to appear in the guide. It gives me a 10101, Error processing postscript file.
MEPeraro
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by MEPeraro »

Well after looking at my directory it does not appear that GS 9.53.3 installed at all. I have tried again and the screen just flashes. No wizard appears to do the installation.

I have downloaded gs9533w64.exe from https://github.com/ArtifexSoftware/ghos ... tag/gs9533 and it does nothing. Everyone else on my team has this installed with no issues.
Clare171
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Clare171 »

MEPeraro wrote:Well after looking at my directory it does not appear that GS 9.53.3 installed at all. I have tried again and the screen just flashes. No wizard appears to do the installation.

I have downloaded gs9533w64.exe from https://github.com/ArtifexSoftware/ghos ... tag/gs9533 and it does nothing. Everyone else on my team has this installed with no issues.
I've had the same issue with .eps files - thanks for the advice from others in this feed, I have been able to resolve the issue. Revert to Flare 2021 r2 and GS 9.53.3 using the file gs9533w64.exe. I did a couple of restarts during the process, so not sure if this was the difference... Cheers
Valiant
Propeller Head

Post by Valiant »

If I downgrade Ghostscript, our corporate policy may remove it from my PC (we are required to use latest versions of software for security reasons, subject to removal of older versions).
So I've started converting my EPS files to other formats.