Autonumbering for chapters not incrementing

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
johnnyb
Jr. Propeller Head

Autonumbering for chapters not incrementing

Post by johnnyb »

Hi All,

I am producing a PDF output which has worked successfully in the past, but I must have changed something recently and now my chapter numbering is broken. Each chapter is numbered as "1", and the second level headings are numbered as 1.n. This is what the TOC looks like:
TOC.PNG
I am using the "Use TOC depth for level headings" option. Any suggestions as to what I've done to break my TOC?

John.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
robdocsmith
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Autonumbering for chapters not incrementing

Post by robdocsmith »

What do the auto-number settings in each parent level TOC entry look like? Is it possible you've got them all set to Reset to 1?
What do the auto-number formats look like in your css for each heading? If your headings use TOC level to determine heading level, it's possible that from the structure of the TOC the entries are getting a style you aren't expecting (H1s being transposed as H2s for example if there is an overarching parent level). Does switching off the use TOC level setting make the headings work correctly?

Rob
johnnyb
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by johnnyb »

Thankyou! Your questions prompted me to look more closely at the auto-number formats which had been changed and they were resetting to 1. All fixed now.
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

In your TOC, make sure you set a chapter break on each of your H1 topics, and check that you have also set the numbers to increment.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx