Increase total table width on landscape (PDF)

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
sarahcml
Jr. Propeller Head

Increase total table width on landscape (PDF)

Post by sarahcml »

My table has a ton of columns, so to try and make everything fit I set the topic to print in landscape. However, the table is still the same width as it was in portrait, leaving plenty of unused space on the right side of the page, and I can't figure out how to make it wider. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Chicago_HPT
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Increase total table width on landscape (PDF)

Post by Chicago_HPT »

Tables can have a width attribute. If the width is set to a fixed value, such as 640 pixels or 5 inches, then changing the page orientation will not affect the width of the table. You want to set the table width to something relative, such as a percentage or you want to set it to a fixed value that spans the full size of the page. Personally, I recommend using relative settings.

If you set the width to, say, 100% then it will adjust to fith the width of its container. For example, if the table width is 100% and it is inside a div element with a fixed width, then the table will be as wide as the div (minus any margins set on the table). If the table is directly under the body tag then a table with a width of 100% will be as wide as the body tag (again, minus any margins set on the table).

You can check—and set—the table width a number of ways but the fastest might be to right-click in the table and select Table Properties from the context menu. Then, look at the AutoFit Behavior section. You can set the width there.
flareTableProperties_AutoFitBehavior01.png
I hope that helps,
-jeff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.