Don't want a topic in TOC

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
erinhill
Propeller Head

Don't want a topic in TOC

Post by erinhill »

I have a tear out (it's a PDF file) that is after the cover and before the TOC. I do not want it listed in the TOC. Is this possible?
doloremipsum
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Don't want a topic in TOC

Post by doloremipsum »

The print table of contents is based on the headings (h1, h2, etc) in the document, or more specifically the mc-heading-level style. For example, if you use an h1 in the topic, the mc-heading-level is 1 (by default), so it will appear at the top level of the print table of contents. (It's a little more complicated if you're using the Use TOC depth for heading levels option in the target, but keeping things simple.)

Anyway, the upshot is that you just need to not include any mc-heading-level styles in your tearout page. For example, you could create a new class for h1, e.g. h1 class="not_for_TOC" with mc-heading-level: 0. That would look the same as a normal heading, but not appear in the print table of contents.
in hoc foro dolorem ipsum amamus, consectimur, adipisci volumus.
erinhill
Propeller Head

Post by erinhill »

Thanks. This isn't a topic I created in Flare. It's a PDF I imported in. So, it doesn't have any heading styles from the Flare stylesheet.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

I don't think you can get Flare to do what you want. I suspect that you'll need to edit the PDF, post build, to delete that item from the Bookmark pane.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!