Italicize See and See aklson in Indexes?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
davidmcmurrey
Propeller Head

Italicize See and See aklson in Indexes?

Post by davidmcmurrey »

How can I automate italicizing See and See also in print/PDF indexes?

David
admin@mcmassociates.io
https://mcmassociates.io/dmz_index.html
robdocsmith
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Italicize See and See aklson in Indexes?

Post by robdocsmith »

Hi David,

These styles are held in a couple of spans:

Code: Select all

span.SeeAlsoIndex
{
	font-style: italic;
}
span.SeeAlsoIndexTerms
{
	font-weight: bold;
}
The above will make the See also part in italics and the referred term in bold.

Cheers,

Rob
mowery1247
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by mowery1247 »

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your response. However, I'm not quite clear on what I need to do with this code. Does this copy/paste into the text editor or am I supposed to go into the stylesheet and update this somewhere for it to automate?

I am a beginner at Madcap, so still in the process of learning all this! Thank you.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

David, given your status as a Flare beginner, I suggest you work in the Stylesheet Editor and then adjust the several selectors that control the formatting of See and See Also and, optionally, also of the terms they'll point to. Specifically, you'll need to adjust the following (a couple of which Rob listed above):
-- span.SeeIndex
-- span.SeeIndexTerm
-- span.SeeAlsoIndex
-- span.SeeAlsoIndexTerm

You can get detailed steps how to edit these spans in this topic from the Flare documentation: https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... -Links.htm.

If you're comfortable working directly in code, open your stylesheet in the internal text editor and then find and edit these spans or add the spans by hand, following the syntax that Rob showed. Many Flare users gradually get to prefer manually editing a stylesheet rather than using the Stylesheet Editor, albeit with care as it's easy to craft faulty syntax (such as forgetting the closing } or the ; at the end of a line).
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!