Annotations..... I think

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
MadKiwiCap
Propeller Head

Annotations..... I think

Post by MadKiwiCap »

I am new to MC Flare and inherited a project when I started a new job.

I am having issues with output to .pdf but am not so sure of the problem. I think it's to do with Styles, but I will rather ask with pictures.
Should do2.jpg
Does do2.jpg
XML code2.jpg
Text code2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
robdocsmith
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Annotations..... I think

Post by robdocsmith »

I'd say this is almost certainly to do with the "annotate" style missing an appropriate font-family definition to change the font to something that renders as numbers in circles.

Open the Stylesheet editor (Ctrl+Shft+F9) and check the definitions for the annotate style. Scroll to the right in the Simplified view to have a look at the font-family definition. Check that the font applied there is correct and would produce the appropriate character as required.

Cheers,
Rob
doloremipsum
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Annotations..... I think

Post by doloremipsum »

If the font is correct, possibly you don't have it installed on your PC - make sure you install it for all users, then close and re-open Flare. Hopefully that should cause the style to display the correct characters.
in hoc foro dolorem ipsum amamus, consectimur, adipisci volumus.
MadKiwiCap
Propeller Head

Solved: Annotations..... I think

Post by MadKiwiCap »

Thank you, the problem was simply the font not installed. I also had to add the bold font and set it up in the Stylesheets.

All great training!