Image outside the frame

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
jhamrick
Propeller Head

Image outside the frame

Post by jhamrick »

Is it possible to have an image that protrudes out into the margins? I have a wide graphic that needs to go into a PDF (and needs to move with the text with which it is associated). It needs to extend out into the margins just a bit to remain legible, but I can't figure out a way to do that.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Image outside the frame

Post by LTinker68 »

I don't think PDF output likes the floating images so much, so in this case I'd create a custom paragraph class. Set the margin-left to a negative value (e.g., -.25in), set the image to be the background image for the paragraph and set it to not repeat, then set the padding-left of the paragraph to 0 or .25in -- however much you want the text to be positioned to the right of the image.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
jhamrick
Propeller Head

Re: Image outside the frame

Post by jhamrick »

Thanks!
I created a new class on the .img tag. It wasn't necessary to set the image as the background because the image takes the entire page width, but giving it a negative margin and padding pulled it into the left margin perfectly.