Table overwriting footer in PDF output

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
flarenewbie
Propeller Head

Table overwriting footer in PDF output

Post by flarenewbie »

In the PDf output for one project, one table is overwriting the footer. How do I get the table to break after point 4? Or would orphan/widow tags work? How much do I set the value to?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kwag_myers
Propellus Maximus

Re: Table overwriting footer in PDF output

Post by kwag_myers »

The first thing that I'd check is the Page Break settings for your TableStyle. (Using Version 8) Open the TableStyle.css and go to General > Advanced. What is the Page Break for Inside setting?
"I'm tryin' to think, but nothin' happens!" - Curly Joe Howard
flarenewbie
Propeller Head

Post by flarenewbie »

Using Flare 7.2 :(

The writer who created the help system didn't create styles for table, but used inline styles.
sfoley
Propeller Head

Post by sfoley »

flarenewbie wrote:Using Flare 7.2 :( The writer who created the help system didn't create styles for table, but used inline styles.
If your writer was also using local styles, the fastest way to identify the problem is probably this:
1. Make a backup copy of the topic.
2. Open the topic in Flare's plain text editor, or in a program like Notepad.
3. Search for one or more of these CSS properties: page-break-before, page-break-inside, page-break-after, widow, orphan
4. Remove the property from the style attribute in that element. For example, before:

Code: Select all

<ol style="color: blue; page-break-inside: avoid; text-align: left;">...
And after:

Code: Select all

<ol style="color: blue; text-align: left;">...
I'd bet that "page-break-inside: avoid" is attached to the ol or td element. If you don't find anything in the topic, then check your default stylesheet too.