Glossary terms as footnotes need to change the font size

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
jay6678
Propeller Head

Glossary terms as footnotes need to change the font size

Post by jay6678 »

I actually like the feature where you can convert a linked glossary term to a footnote for print output. HOWEVER, I cannot for the life of me, format the font style and size of the footnote comment (when it is a linked glossary term being converted). I can change the number style, but not the actual text of the footnote.

I tried editing the properties of the Madcap|footnote for my print based output, but nothing happend. I have my target attributed to my stylesheet and print medium correctly. Everything looks great...but am I a missing something? Is there a stylesheet property in the Madcap|glossary that controls this?

For the record, I am creating a PDF as my print output, NOT Word.
GregStenhouse
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Glossary terms as footnotes need to change the font size

Post by GregStenhouse »

If you take a look in the Output>Temporary folder, you should be able to find a folder with the name of your PDF target, with htm files in it. Take a look at the source of one of those htm files (one that has the glossary footnotes), and look at what class the footnotes are using. That should give you a clue as to what the CSS should be.
Curlyshell
Propeller Head

Re: Glossary terms as footnotes need to change the font size

Post by Curlyshell »

GregStenhouse wrote:If you take a look in the Output>Temporary folder, you should be able to find a folder with the name of your PDF target, with htm files in it. Take a look at the source of one of those htm files (one that has the glossary footnotes), and look at what class the footnotes are using. That should give you a clue as to what the CSS should be.
OMG what a fabulous tip! Thank you so much!
"I'm a technical writer, not a developer," she said...