Word output will not display using page layout

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
Patt
Propeller Head

Word output will not display using page layout

Post by Patt »

Does anyone know why my document will not display in Word when I use a page layout? If I output to PDF, it works perfectly but I need to output to Word so field teams can make changes if needed. It's only a 1 page reference sheet. When I try to output to Word, 43 pages appear and they are all blank. It looks like every paragraph is creating a new page. The styles I used are not set to start on a new page. Is this a known bug or is there some setting that I am missing?
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Re: Word output will not display using page layout

Post by wclass »

One thing I'd check first:
In the Target, on the Advanced tab, there is a checkbox to "Disable Master Pages for MS Word Output" - you might need to check this. If it is clear then the system tries to generate output using master pages rather than page layouts. In an old version of Flare, you had to use master pages for Word but can now now use either.
Margaret Hassall - Melbourne
Patt
Propeller Head

Post by Patt »

I wish it were that simple. I do have the Master Pages disabled for MS Word output but I still don't get anything but blank pages.
Patt
Propeller Head

Post by Patt »

I have managed to get the content to show in the Word document but every line is on a new page. I've checked the styles and the "page break before" and "Page break after" are both set to Avoid.
carakelian
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by carakelian »

I had this same problem, and I think it is some sort of problem with the print layout file in Flare. I looked at the "Word overlay" and saw that somethings looked like they were outside of the page edges, but I could not see how to fix them, and the Flare documentation did not talk about how to fix Word overlay problems. Finally, the way I solved this was to go into the Word target file in Flare, and on the General tab, for Master Page Layout, I had to select the default, whose path was Resources/PageLayouts/Default. Once I did this, the pages were no longer blank in the Word file for the Print view.