ToC Page Numbers for PDF Displays Box

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
Leanna4
Jr. Propeller Head

ToC Page Numbers for PDF Displays Box

Post by Leanna4 »

Another day of banging my ignorant head against the wall with Flare...

So my issue is this: I converted our web help to PDF as some clients had asked for it. I got the ToC set up perfectly except for one little (huge annoying) thing. The table of contents displays what are section pages and also top-level books without the page numbers, instead displaying this weird gray box. I've adjusted the page layout of the pages causing the problem, changed the level of the headings in the ToC, changed the style entirely, and nothing seems to fix this issue. Any ideas?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JenShumate
Propeller Head

Re: ToC Page Numbers for PDF Displays Box

Post by JenShumate »

I don't think it's a style issue. I may be totally wrong here, but my guess is that you're getting the gray box because the TOC is hitting a null value for some reason. I don't, however, know WHY that would be happening. I'd suggest that you start by trying to figure out what these TOC entries have in common, e.g. Are they all using the same page layout? Do they all occur at section breaks? Are there images in the headings? Are they all the same type of chapter/page layout break? Same page type? Or maybe it's something in your TOC layout. In your screenshot, I notice there are two "Management" headings ... are they both linked to the same topic? If so, that could be why.
purplestencil
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: ToC Page Numbers for PDF Displays Box

Post by purplestencil »

Apologies for reviving a two year old thread, but I'm seeing the same issue in a mini-toc in PDF output. I've narrowed down the issue somewhat, in that I know for a fact that the gray box is a table cell, and is picking up the formatting that is defined for <td> in the stylesheet. The gray box only appears if I suppress page numbers in the mini-TOC. I tried adding a different set of formatting options to td.null, based on the assumption that Flare was adding that gray box because it encountered a null table cell, but that has not fixed it. Has anyone found a fix for this issue yet (aside from creating a separate td class for all the other tables in our docs).