System.Title variable in Page Layout

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
awells12
Propeller Head

System.Title variable in Page Layout

Post by awells12 »

Hello all,

I'm creating PDF output using a Page Layout and I am running into a problem with using the System.Title variable in the header:

I use an Empty Left page in my page layout to make sure all chapters start on right pages. I'm using the System.Title variable in the header of both the Left and Empty Left page to display the chapter title (I can't use the Heading.Level1 variable because I'm using autonumbering for the chapter number and want to have just the title in the page header). The System.Title variable displays the chapter name correctly in the Left page, but in the Empty Left page it displays the filename of the Page Layout. It seems like the Empty Left page isn't really "connected" to the topic so the variable on the Empty Left page just displays the Page Layout title instead. Is there anything I can do to change this? Or perhaps there is another method I should be using to get the chapter name in the document header?
Nick A
Propeller Head

Re: System.Title variable in Page Layout

Post by Nick A »

It's over two years since the original post, but I have found exactly the same problem. The System.Title variable, in the header of my page layout, correctly shows the topic title on left and right pages, but on an "empty left" page it shows the file name. To avoid this bug I have had to remove the System.Title variable from my empty left page layout, which is irritating.