Japanese Index labels don't match 1st char of entries

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
djohnson
Propeller Head

Japanese Index labels don't match 1st char of entries

Post by djohnson »

In my Japanese PDF documentation, the index entries for Japanese terms are listed under a different character than their initial character.

I have passed this issue back to my Japanese localizer to see if this is expected or if the label characters are a different form of the initial characters, but I thought I'd also pass it around here to see if anyone else has experienced this, and if there is a solution or if this is likely a bug.
Japanese_Index.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don Johnson
Flare 2020r3, Windows 10 in a Parallels VM on a 16" MacBook Pro [as of March 2021]
djohnson
Propeller Head

Re: Japanese Index labels don't match 1st char of entries

Post by djohnson »

I should have posted this some time ago...

My Japanese localizer told me that the content should be sorted by the first character of the string, so I used the "Sort As" Index Link for these entries. Something to keep an eye on in the future.
Don Johnson
Flare 2020r3, Windows 10 in a Parallels VM on a 16" MacBook Pro [as of March 2021]