Error loading type library/DLL. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
phebert
Propeller Head

Error loading type library/DLL. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8

Post by phebert »

Hello,

I am trying to build a Word target using Flare 12 to Word 2016. I successfully built this target last month. Today, I changed the TOC and added a new file output name. I used the same file naming convention from last month when the build was successful. To my knowledge, nothing has changed on my PC. I did launch Word and accessed File | Options | Add-ins and it appears that all add-ins needed are enabled. I have also closed Flare and did a restart on my PC but no change. I am currently on a Windows 10 machine.

Has anyone else received this error and what was needed to fix it? Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.
devans
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Error loading type library/DLL. (Exception from HRESULT:

Post by devans »

The forums come to my aid again (not this post specifically but this is the most recent one on this topic). After installing Windows Updates, I could no longer build to Word with the error given above. After reading the forums, I repaired Office 365 and, voila, I am up and running again!