TOC Proxy in Word Output adds unwanted page breaks

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
dsch_tw
Propeller Head

TOC Proxy in Word Output adds unwanted page breaks

Post by dsch_tw »

Hi everyone,
It's been a long time since I posted a question on the Forums, but I cannot find this specific issue. So, please help!
I'm working Flare 2017 r2.
I've been asked to provide a Word output for Review - always seem to be SMEs who can't handle commenting PDFs or Contributor.
The TOC proxy generates perfectly in HTML5 and PDF outputs, but in Word (2016 MSO), every single TOC entry appears by its lonesome on its own page.
I'm using the "Print" medium in the CSS for the Word output (for the PDF, I used "Printpdf"). I've tried setting the relevant p.toc tags with the page-break-after = avoid and page-break-before = avoid. Unsuccessful :cry:
I wrapped the TOC proxy inside a <div> tag and set it with page-break-inside = avoid. Also unsuccessful :(
Please tell me where I'm going wrong. :?

Thanks to all,
David
David Schor
dsch.tw@gmail.com
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: TOC Proxy in Word Output adds unwanted page breaks

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

Just a suggestion, but to prevent messing up your stylesheet, make another medium - call it "Word" for the sake of argument - and use that one instead of the Print one.

Are you also getting the right number of Word documents as output?

(And don't you just hate getting review comments as tracked changes in Word docs - nightmare!)
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
dsch_tw
Propeller Head

Post by dsch_tw »

Hi "Choccie",
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm just now leaving the office so I'll try your suggestion after the weekend.
Is it possible that the default "Print" medium is prone to corruption?

Thanks very much,
David
David Schor
dsch.tw@gmail.com
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

Dunno, but I didn't want you to find you'd fried the medium you use for other stuff while trying to fix your problem! Have a good weekend (isn't it only Thursday today?)
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

ChoccieMuffin wrote:Have a good weekend (isn't it only Thursday today?)
David's in Israel. I asked a friend who used to live in Israel and she said that Friday and Saturday are weekend days.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
dsch_tw
Propeller Head

Post by dsch_tw »

Well, I finally returned to this project. There was an additional topic other than the TOC that was page-breaking on each line.
I solved this issue by selecting the topics' TOC entries, entering their Properties>Printed Output> and selecting Start a New Section with the default Master Page assigned.
That seems like an innocuous change but for some reason, it worked.
I am puzzled at why, but perhaps not being assigned a master page previously contributed to the "page break after each line" effect.

Anyway, the Word output is much better now. There are other minor issues, but at least the output is presentable.

Thanks to all who responded.

David
David Schor
dsch.tw@gmail.com