ToC of ToC and Headings level

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
magval
Jr. Propeller Head

ToC of ToC and Headings level

Post by magval »

The requirements from our customer is for three documents (A, B, C) at the first gate of the project and one complete user manual (D) at the second gate.

As the information from user manual is a compilation of the other 3 documents, I am trying the following approach :
- one ToC for each documents A, B and C.
- ToC for D is only links to ToC A, ToC B and ToC C.
tocoftoc.png
However when I view the pdf output, all the headings from sub-ToCs go from being h1 in documents A, B, C to being h2 in document D.
tocDocA.png
tocDocD.png
THere is not a lot of official documentation on linking Tocs in Flare Help.

Anyone had the same issue and found a solution ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: ToC of ToC and Headings level

Post by Nita Beck »

Several things to set.

On your full TOC, for each of the TOC items pointing to the subTOCs, in the TOC properties on the Advanced tab, be sure to select the "When merging, replace node with merged TOC" check box. (I can't quite remember, but you might also need to select Replace from the "Server-based Auto-merge" list, although my guess is that that control doesn't pertain to PDFs.)

Then, in each of the subTOCs, set its top-level TOC item as follows:

In the TOC properties on the Printed Output tab, set a chapter break and select the page layout and any other layout settings. On the Auto-numbers tab, set the chapter that is Chapter 1 to "Reset to 1" and select the format. (For all the other chapters, you can leave the chapter number set to "Increment number".)

HTH
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
magval
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: ToC of ToC and Headings level

Post by magval »

Thanks Nita, the 'When merging...' is the setting I had been looking for and could not find.
It works as I hoped :)