Flare 2017 messes up pdf cover page

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
fvila
Propeller Head

Flare 2017 messes up pdf cover page

Post by fvila »

The only difference between the 2 outputs in the attached images seems to be that one was published using Flare 12 and the other with Flare 2017. Someone suggested maybe flare 2017 can't read inline styles, might that be true?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ajturnersurrey
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Flare 2017 messes up pdf cover page

Post by ajturnersurrey »

I have always found you need to take great care in Flare with images in the page layout.
When something is called up as a background image in the page layout it only ever comes in at screen rather than print resolution, regardless of settings.

To get around this I use a header in the page layout and press f2 to edit their content directly, within the page layout file, so that the image I want is inserted and styled as I want inside the page layout file, rather than brought in as a background image with very limited styling options.

For complex situations I have even resorted to setting up the image in a snippet that I can insert the snippet into a frame on the page layout. (But if you later change the snippet, you have to reinsert it in the page layout ...don't know why it doesn't pick up the change..).

Always makes me momentarily long for InDesign - but then I remember the 300 pages of content ahead and do the necessary cover page cludges!