Chapter Numbers in MiniTOC in PDF Output

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
MichaelSedley
Jr. Propeller Head

Chapter Numbers in MiniTOC in PDF Output

Post by MichaelSedley »

Hi,

Our documents use legal numbering for chapter and sub-chapter headings (1, 1.1, 1.1.1)
we use a mini-TOC without page numbers and one-level depth at the beginning of each section, i.e.
This chapter contains the following topics:
1.1 Sub-Chapter Title
1.2 Sub-Chapter Title
1.3 Sub-Chapter Title.
Problem is that the indentation of the Chapter Title is determined by the number of digits in the Chapter number. This means that the Title of section 1.1.10 is further indented than 1.1.9 or 1.1

How can I increase the space after the chapter number so that the chapter titles are all aligned?

A related problem from this is with titles that take up more than one line, on the second line there is no way to set the correct indent as I don't know where the chapter title will start on the first line.

Alternatively, if there is a way to delete the numbering from the Mini-TOC and use a bullet instead (but maintain numbering in the chapter itself), that could be a solution.

The current CSS file is as follows:

Code: Select all

p.MiniTOC1
	{
		mc-heading-level: 1;
		mc-leader-format: ' ';
		mc-pagenum-display: none;
		font-weight: normal;
		color: #0000ff;
		padding-left: -30;
		mc-multiline-indent: 40px;
	}
Thanks in advance,

Michael
MichaelSedley
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Chapter Numbers in MiniTOC in PDF Output

Post by MichaelSedley »

I think that I solved my own problem, the solution was to get rid of mc-multiline-indent and use mc-auto-number-offset and mc-auto-number-position: outside-head; instead.

The Mini-TOC now looks as follows in the CSS, and works as we hoped:

Code: Select all

p.MiniTOC1
	{

mc-heading-level: 1;
		mc-leader-format: ' ';
		mc-pagenum-display: none;
		font-weight: normal;
		color: #0000ff;
		mc-auto-number-offset: 44px; 
		mc-auto-number-position: outside-head;
		padding-left: -20;