pdf output now aweful

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
Isleofgough
Propeller Head

pdf output now aweful

Post by Isleofgough »

Everything was working until I upgraded from an old Macbook Pro running parallels and Win 10 to an iMac 2017 retina. The non print outputs work ok, but pdf output - regardless of font chosen - massively alters tracking in a most unpleasant way. See attachment.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cdschroeder
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: pdf output now aweful

Post by cdschroeder »

Isleofgough wrote:Everything was working until I upgraded from an old Macbook Pro running parallels and Win 10 to an iMac 2017 retina. The non print outputs work ok, but pdf output - regardless of font chosen - massively alters tracking in a most unpleasant way. See attachment.
This is a compatibility issue with high resolution screens. You can use either one of the two following methods to work around it (neither are terribly convenient, but they get the job done):
1) Open your Display settings and change the Scaling to 100%. Sign out/back in, then open Flare and regenerate your output.
2) Right-click the Flare executable and select Properties. On the Compatibility tab, select Disable DPI Scaling on High DPI settings. Apply the settings, then open Flare and regenerate your output.

Then, if you're like me and you find these workarounds annoying, submit a bug to MadCap: https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback/bugs.aspx
Casey

Isleofgough
Propeller Head

Post by Isleofgough »

Thank you so much!! It is working perfectly now.
cdschroeder
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by cdschroeder »

Isleofgough wrote:Thank you so much!! It is working perfectly now.
Awesome! Happy to help.
Casey