How to change the PDF title?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
cxk280
Jr. Propeller Head

How to change the PDF title?

Post by cxk280 »

I am facing a similar issue, and I cannot resolve it from what has been posted in this thread thus far. When I print output to a PDF, I want the file name to be "Applicare User Guide". This does in fact turn out to be the name of the PDF file when I navigate to it. However, when I open it with Acrobat, the top of the toolbar shows "User Guide A--8.5X11", which is the default name from Flare (so it must be a Flare issue rather than an Acrobat one). Does anyone know how to resolve this?
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: How to change output file name?

Post by Nita Beck »

Since the year of the original post, Flare has been enhanced to handle the PDF title.

In your target, go to the PDF Options tab. Under Document Properties, you'll find where you can define the title. Then, under Initial View, you can set the title bar to "Document Title."

HTH
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: How to change output file name?

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

cxk280 wrote:I am facing a similar issue, and I cannot resolve it from what has been posted in this thread thus far. When I print output to a PDF, I want the file name to be "Applicare User Guide". This does in fact turn out to be the name of the PDF file when I navigate to it. However, when I open it with Acrobat, the top of the toolbar shows "User Guide A--8.5X11", which is the default name from Flare (so it must be a Flare issue rather than an Acrobat one). Does anyone know how to resolve this?
In the target, on the PDF Options tab, in the Document Properties section, in the Title box enter the title that want you to include in the PDF header. Tada!
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
cxk280
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: How to change the PDF title?

Post by cxk280 »

That does it! Wonderful. Thank you!