Font Not working in PDF output

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
ecera
Propeller Head

Font Not working in PDF output

Post by ecera »

Hello,

I recently re-installed madcap flare on a new machine - I have found when generating PDF output it keeps substituting Helvetica for Open Sans. I have done some digging, but have been unable to fix this so far. As well, I do not remember how I had this installed on the VM I used to use at work.

Any suggestions on how to get my PDFs using the correct font again?
ecera
Propeller Head

Re: Font Not working in PDF output

Post by ecera »

The font generating either in the wrong font or with bizarre spacing seems to be an issue with Windows 10 and Flare.

It's a font setting on Windows 10 causing PDF output to have bizarre spacing. It can be fixed by adjusting the font magnification.
cdschroeder
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Font Not working in PDF output

Post by cdschroeder »

ecera wrote:The font generating either in the wrong font or with bizarre spacing seems to be an issue with Windows 10 and Flare.

It's a font setting on Windows 10 causing PDF output to have bizarre spacing. It can be fixed by adjusting the font magnification.
Ah yes, the odd spacing issue. That's actually not exclusive to Windows 10 - it's an issue with higher resolution screens. Setting the system text size to 100% fixes the issue, as you already discovered.

You might consider submitting a bug report to MadCap. This has been an issue for quite a while (as long as I've worked with Flare), and I'd love to see it fixed! https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback/bugs.aspx
Casey