MadCap Capture + PDF target

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
ThomasK
Jr. Propeller Head

MadCap Capture + PDF target

Post by ThomasK »

Hi,

I am having a very strange issue since I switched my images over to Capture to allow for easier annotation translation using Lingo.

Before, the images simply had a CSS image class that set the width to about 75% of the page width, and the height set to auto.
This worked great with the stock .png, Flare resized it correctly, and the PDF looked good.

Deciding that manually creating the translated images for every language would be a chore, I edited these images in Capture, overlaying the original annotations with textboxes.

At first this didn't work and the images disappeared completely.
Once I found out you have to explicitly ENABLE the print medium manually, they showed up again looking good in the Flare preview.

Building the PDF then gave me a very strange resize behavior where the width would be OK, but the height is way off, stretched in height to almost a 1:1 format instead of the original ratio.

Just to test, I removed the CSS completely and re-inserted the images.
In the preview, this looks OK (with some variations in width as they are not all the same resolution), however when building the images simply are not there anymore.
preview medium is set to print, and the target is PDF.

I have tried with "General / Automatically resize low DPI images" enabled or disabled, "Target / PDF Options / Downsample images above: 300" enabled or disabled, and "Target / Advanced / Auto-size Capture objects to fit text" enabled or disabled, as well as all combinations of these settings.

Adding a width makes the image show again, but at a weird ratio.

Has anyone run into this before, or do you have any suggestions on what I could try? :roll: